After our return from a very lovely time in Turkey we have hit the ground running. Read what a London based garden design company have been up to…
- Had an email from Emily – “I’m editing a new homes magazine that’s going to be distributed monthly with the Saturday Guardian from this summer. I wanted to run a feature about architectural gardens – ones that really are ‘outdoor rooms’ – and Earth Designs seem to be the pros! Would you be happy to speak to me about what your clients are asking for; how to create a garden that functions as an extra room without it seeming too architectural; and how to marry up your planting with things like benches and outdoor shelving so that they complement each other.”
- Now that the sun is finally shining, there has been a huge surge in calls for design consultations, on the back of which we have taken on several new clients: Dom and Katie-Alice from Kennington, Gill from Surrey and Jenny in Enfield.
- We are this month’s issue of Living etc – see below for article.
- Have been recruiting new staff to help us with the surge in work and potential work.
- Matt went to do a garden spring-clean for a client whose garden we designed and built in January 2009. He arrived home to this lovely email: “Paul had no idea you’d be coming and got in the house first to exclaim – ‘something’s happened to the garden!’ I don’t know what he thought. In any event, thank you for all your hard work, and for giving us back the beautiful garden we were left by some very good designers and landscapers. I don’t know where it went to but it’s back.”
- We have been contacted by a client who commissioned a design last year and then had to postpone the project for personal reasons. He is now ready to proceed and its full steam ahead on his proposed design scheme and planting plan. Watch this space!